Monday, February 9, 2009

HOA - Restriction Suggestions

From the Stone Creek HOA Board: Feb 5, 2009

Until this point our neighborhood & HOA have been operating strictly under the restrictive covenants of the subdivision. In an effort to "put a little meat on the bone" we are compiling & strengthening the list of neighborhood restrictions & violations. We will be using lists from various other local subdivisions as a guide, but would also like to have your input.

Anything & everything that you would like to see restricted and/or enforced will be considered. The board will review all submissions for proper adherence to the existing covenants and cohesion with the direction of the subdivision. We will then compile an enforceable list for our Subdivision.

We will be gathering these suggestions over the next 2-3 weeks. Please feel free to submit them on this blog thread as a comment or email the board members directly.

President: Joe Thompson - jthompson.stonecreek.hoa@gmail.com
Vice-President: Tim Morgan - timmorganstonecreek@gmail.com
Secretary/Treasurer: Michelle Weatherspoon - m.weatherspoon@yahoo.com
Board Member: Jeremiah Bennett - jlbmiami@comcast.net
Board Member: Jason Griffin - thi247@bellsouth.net

Thank you in advance for your participation.

11 comments:

Stone Creek said...

Absolutely no parking in the street unless your driveway is full (and then definitely not over night).

Stone Creek said...

ditto to the parking and that skateboard ramp has to go. it's hideous.

E and E said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stone Creek said...

I don't want anyone to think I am trying to be rude, because I'm not. I also don't think that the parking on the street issue is nit picking. It is a current restriction that has not been enforced. I have no problem with the skate ramp and actually think it is kind of cool; however, I do not live beside it either-therefore I cannot comment on it. The parking on the street is a major issue. I have come close to hitting another vehicle on multiple occasion because I cannot see if a car is coming up over the hill due to cars parked on the side of the street. It also scares my daughter late at night when she hears all the car doors just outside her window (she thinks someone is breaking in). About the one lane driveways-people can park one behind another in the driveway. Yes, it may be difficult for them to get in and out, but it is better to inconvenience yourself than it is to inconvenience your neighbors who are parking where they are supposed to (as it is your company and not theirs. Don't get me wrong, I understand parking on the street when your driveway is full, but if your driveway only has one or two cars in it, then your guest should park in your driveway as well. And remember, parking on the street is a current restriction (not something we are trying to add). Again, please don't take this the wrong way. I'm not trying to be rude, I just want people to park where they should (and never on the street overnight). The parking on the street issue is one of the reasons I chose to build my home in this subdivision, as it was a restriction.

cheryl n said...

I don't think addressing the parking in the street (safety issues) or the skate board ramp (ugly) is nit picking at all. Both need issues need to be addressed. If we aren't allowed to have boats in the drive way than the skate ramp shouldn't be allowed either. I wouldn't have so much of a problem with it, if it were in the backyard. I have actually had friends come to my house & comment on how tacky it is. Also, it is dangerous for cars to be parked in the street. A child could run out from behind one of the parked cars and get hit by a car coming down the road.

Stone Creek said...

ditto to the last two comments. several of us have been dealing with this for several years here. it needs to be addressed. that is why some of us moved here in the first place. read the bi-laws.

MRobinson said...

who do we send our HOA fees to?

Stone Creek said...

They are due by Feb 28th and should be sent to:

Stone Creek Homeonwers Association
PO Box 1672
Gallatin, TN 37066

E and E said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KP02 said...

Parking on the street is very dangerous, especially near hills and side streets. It is impossible to see oncoming traffic. If there is an accident it should be the responsibilty of the parked car owner. This seems to be a big problem on the hills on Notting Hill in particular. The blue Buick at the bottom of Notting Hill seems to be on the street 24 hours a day, and the driveway is usually empty or has one car. Parking on the street should only be aloud when your driveway is full and never at overnight.

The Baxters said...

I agree with the street parking in some fashion. I believe that if individuals part on the street during the day, they should not park where neighbors can not back out of their own drive. In addition, I think their could be exceptions to the rule as far as parking on the street over night. If someone has had their driveway sealed you can not park on it for at least 24 hours. Therefore, leaving homeowners to park on the street. But just parking on the street for no apparent reason should not be allowed.

Baxters